When it comes to serving and consuming food, napkins are one of the essentials. They help guests to keep themselves relatively clean, are useful for mopping up any spills that might occur, and can add to the theme and atmosphere of an event. With the many options that exist for different sizes, shapes, material, and colors of napkins, it is easy to become overwhelmed and unsure of where to begin. However, in many cases, cloth napkins are your best bet over paper napkins to keep your event chic and elegant.
How Are Cloth Napkins Superior To Paper Napkins?
Cloth napkins can be made out of a material that is both absorbent and elegant looking; they bring functionality and beauty together to create spectacular decor pieces!
Here are some of the other ways in which cloth napkins are preferable to paper napkins:
- They Are More Inexpensive – Yes, paper napkins are initially less inexpensive. However, they cannot be reused, and you keep replenishing the ones used. Cloth napkins, on the other hand, can be found at low prices and can be reused over and over again, meaning that overall, you would spend much less on cloth napkins than you would on paper napkins. They are also very strong and easy to wash and dry so you can bet on them being used for quite some time.
- They Are Economically Friendly – Paper napkins are used once and thrown away, oftentimes barely used. This takes up a lot of natural resources, mainly trees. Cloth napkins are reusable and extremely durable; just wash and dry them after they have been soiled and they’re ready for more use!
- They Are Elegant – Cloth napkins seem to convey the message that you are in a special place and the meal you are about to eat will be one to remember. When restaurants or wedding receptions use cloth napkins their guests and diners expect excellence in the service, the quality of the food, and overall come away with a better perception of their experience.
- They Are More Absorbent – Spills are a frequent accident at meals. This can sometimes be devastating if something that stains spills across the table, landing on the lap of whoever happens to be in its path and staining his or her nice outfit. Cloth napkins are highly absorbent and are able to quickly mop up whatever has spilled without it expanding further.
- They Are More Sanitary – Paper napkins cannot be washed and have been on a variety of surfaces, especially if they are in a dispenser at a fast food restaurant or small diner. Cloth napkins are washable and dry thoroughly; you can rest assured they have not been anywhere questionable once washed.